Commisso’s Cranberry Top Sirloin Roast Recipe
The holiday season is finally here! Festive cooking and baking holds a special place in our hearts because we build family memories around the dinner table. Cooking with fresh and local ingredients is one of our favourite year-round traditions.
We’ve put together a delicious recipe, with less than ten ingredients, to try for your next holiday party - or whenever you’re craving festive food.
This Cranberry Top Sirloin Roast is a gorgeous and delicious holiday meal. Impress your family and guests with this easy recipe for a beef roast with tangy cranberry glaze.
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 1h 30min
- 4 lbs. Center-cut Top Sirloin or Top Sirloin Roast
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Fresh Cranberries
- Optional 10 ½ oz. Homemade Cranberry Relish (We love this Canadian Living recipe. Use half the recipe and save the other half for up to 3 days.)
- 1 tbsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 Roasting pan fitted with rack
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season top sirloin roast with salt and pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cranberries, cranberry relish, ginger, orange zest and parsley. Reserve 3/4-cup of mixture for serving and coat remainder over top of roast.
- Line bottom of roasting pan with foil; top with rack and seasoned roast.
- Roast for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325°F and cook an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of roast reaches 125°F.
- Remove roast from oven to a carving board, tent with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes. Slice and serve with reserved cranberry mixture.
You can find all the ingredients for this recipe at Commisso’s Fresh Foods and we’d be happy to talk holiday dishes with you. Let us know if you try this recipe and what you think - we hope you and your family enjoy it!